Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Next Project: DIY Cloche

This has been in the back of my brain for a while, because I'm madly in love with cloches but I don't see a lot of them that are really getting the right shape as DIY.  So, my next challenge: figuring out a formula for flat patterning a really good cloche shape, that won't require more than intermediate math and sewing skills.  Of course, the real challenge in this will be remembering to take pictures of the process so I can post a tutorial!

This right here, this is the best shape:
But of course, this is in wool felt, and fabric just won't do exactly this.

This is a decent fabric version:
Except, yanno, with proper finishing.  

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh good luck!!! That would be an amazing thing to have if it works!
    -Jamie
    ChatterBlossom

    ReplyDelete