Sunday, September 15, 2013

Fashion Week Faves Part Two

I think I already said I love fashion week, right?  I'm sure I must have, cause it's practically a tic just now.  So it won't come as a surprise that I had too much to say about it to make just one post.  Part two, here we go!

I'm more than a little in love with this dress from Marc Jacobs.  His whole collection is a bit too odd to actually wear, but full of wonderful inspiration for possible thrift store restyles.  This dress though.... this one is just begging to be a blouse, in my mind.  As a blouse, I would totally wear something like this.  To get this exact look I'd need to come up with some of that lovely, ultra fine tulle that costs more than I'm likely to spend, so if I tackle this project, I'll probably just use a decent chiffon.  This would be fairly simple to build over a back opening thrifted blouse, or just make a sloper and build onto that.

Carolina Herrera's collection was full of lots of great layered prints and sheers.  This is only one of the stand out pieces in her collection.  The whole collection is totally worth a view or six.  As an added bonus, most of these pieces look totally wearable for real women.

Michael Kors is a genius, by the way.  These pants are killing me with their perfect cut.  Check out the smooth fit through the upper hip and waist, the elegant movement of the leg, and the discreet little pleats that just disappear into nothingness.  I would love to copy these, but there are two problems here.  One:  the right wool would not be cheap.  And two: it would probably take me multiple trials to get the pattern right, and that's time I just don't know that I can commit these days.  I think I'd rather get three new things done that get this one pair of pants right.

Okay, I think I'm done for now.  With New York fashion week, at least.

London is about to start!

No comments:

Post a Comment