Saturday, September 28, 2013

H&M Discount Code

This weekend H&M is offering a discount code for 25% off any one item on the website.  While I love to drool over some of their higher end pieces, even with a nice discount those things are out of my range as far as budget goes.  H&M, of course, excels at offering affordable though.  Here are a few of my picks for how I might choose to put that discount to work.

Cause let's face it, this is cute.  And no way I'm gonna be making something like it for myself.

Now these I could make, but it would cost more than these pants at their regular price.  I've been lusting over faux leather stretch pants for the fall, but the fabric for them is $17/yard.  Ouch.

Knee high boots.  Oh yes, pretty please.  These are probably the thing that has the best chance of winning my affections for using that discount code.  After all, I'm no shoe maker, and I hate to admit it, but I have no tall boots in my closet currently.  I just don't really care for how H&M shoes feel on my feet.  My feet are old and cantankerous, and a lot of the H&M shoes-- most of them-- are made for young feet that just want to look good no matter what.

Another item I've been lusting over, since spring actually:  a great, floppy hat.  I keep toying with the idea of crocheting something, but it just wouldn't be quite right.  I really think it needs to be wool felt.  This, however, I could probably do up on my own.  I can get a capeline here on Etsy for a grand total (with shipping) of $16, after which it's just a matter of doing some shaping, trimming, and popping in a hat band.  Without a hat block, the shaping might be a bit difficult, but not impossible.  The biggest reason I'm tempted by this hat is that I just don't really like trying to do wool millinery.  I really, really want a floppy felt hat though.

Another winner for a floppy hat.  Love the shaping and trim on this one, with just the slightest hint of fedora going on.  If it wasn't available in black only, I probably would have squealed and ordered it without looking any further.  Pretty sure the hat I'm dreaming of is charcoal or a nice, rich brown.

By the way, that discount code is 0747, usable at checkout.  Now go shopping!





No comments:

Post a Comment