Friday, September 20, 2013

Milan Fashion Week Part One: Alberta Ferretti

Sometimes, it seems like a designer is channeling all my loves and desires for fashion.  Totally the case with Alberta Ferretti's spring/summer collection in Milan.  I'll just toss out a few photos to demonstrate why everyone should view her entire collection.





Take a minute to grab a hanky to wipe your drool if you need to here.  

I don't even know where to start with what's right in this collection.  Loving the ethnic vibe, of course, but there's soooo much more here.  Check out the construction of these garments.  So delicate, and so pristine, for what I know was fussy work on these light as air fabrics.  That alone is worthy of admiration, even if you don't care for this sort of style in general.  Fabric choices here are also eminently admirable.  They have me totally inspired to be searching the thrift stores for gorgeous vintage yardage disguised as curtains and sheers and bedspreads and scarves.  Embroidery?  Check.  Lush, colorful, feminine embroidery.  And that leads me into the next thing I'm loving in this collection.  The decor of these pieces is nearly always placed to perfectly emphasize a woman's assets, just as most pieces are cut to be flattering to almost anyone.  I love it when designers don't just design for models!




No comments:

Post a Comment